Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?Martin, B. & Carle, E. Can't Catch a ButterflyZimmerman, M. Colors in Nature (Series) Bruce, L. Finding Colors (Series) Anderson, M. Images (Series)Bryant-Mole, K. Peek in My Pocket Carter, D. Planting A Rainbow Ehlert, L. The Deep Blue Sea Wood, A. White Rabbit’s Color Book Baker, A.
- Add blue water and blue objects to sensory table.
- Wear blue clothes to school
- Snacks: Booberry cereal, blue jello, blue cotton candy, blue Kool-aid, blueberries, blue snow cones
- Paint blue hand and foot prints
- Hide blue objects in the room and play "I Spy Something Blue"
- Make blue playdough or blue gak
- Book Theme: Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse by, Henkes, K.
1) Make a purple purse and fill it with purple objects and 'p' words 2) Make a necklace from purple beads or noodles
3) Wear purple to school
- Make red/blue foot prints with paint and watch them turn purple!
- Snacks: purple grapes, grape juice, purple jello, PB & grape jelly
- Book Theme: The Carrot Seed by, Krauss, R. & Johnson, C.
1) Count carrots (real or toy)
2) Glue dried carrots or carrot seeds on an orange letter 'c' 3) Plant carrots!! 4) Snack: carrot varieties (discuss the texture/size difference) shredded carrots, baby carrots, crinkle cut carrots, carrot chips, cooked carrots, long/short carrots
1) Read the book: How are you Peeling? Foods with Moods by, Freymann, S. & Elffers, J.
1) Draw faces on pumpkins to show emotion
2) Measure pumpkin circumference with a string
3) Draw letters on paper pumpkins and play "memory" to learn letters and sounds!
4) Toast and eat pumpkin seeds
5) Add "pumpkin parts" to a sensory table!
6) Make pumpkin soup
- Sort fruits and vegetables by color
Website designed by Literacy Speaks!® Copyright 2009